By joining SocialWorkCAS, your program becomes part of a national initiative for promotion and visibility, data collection and management, and the sharing of best practices.Additionally, SocialWorkCAS enables a simplified and streamlined admissions process.
Benefits include the following:
- Accessing a rich database of applicant and matriculant data via WebAdMIT, an application service available to CSWE members at no cost
- Reaching a more diverse and national student base
- Maintaining individual workflow, branding, and admissions processes
- Increasing efficiencies in the admissions process
- Collecting essential data to benchmark and forecast applicant trends
Enroll Your Program
SocialWorkCAS allows you to customize branding and program-specific admissions requirements (e.g., transcripts, coursework entry, custom questions, essays, documents). The designated primary contact at your school will be responsible for setting up your school’s program listing on the application. Below is a summary of the steps:
- STEP 1: Return the completed and signed participation agreement to SocialWorkCAS to begin the onboarding and set-up process.
- STEP 2: Identify the primary faculty members and staff contacts at your institution with whom SocialWorkCAS should share important information and updates about the application.
- STEP 3: Notify your faculty members and staff about the move to SocialWorkCAS to help acclimate them to the new application process.
- STEP 4: Speak with your local IT staff about integrating SocialWorkCAS data from WebAdMIT into any local student records systems used at your institution. Provide them with the Custom Export Layout document SocialWorkCAS will make available later in the process.
- STEP 5: Share your participation in SocialWorkCAS on your program’s website and in communication with prospective applicants. Language and suggestions will be provided during the onboarding process.
- STEP 6: Review the “Before Configuration” material to determine important factors and supplemental requirements for your program, such as the following:
- Deadline date
- Application homepage text and banner image
- Supplemental application questions
- STEP 7: Complete the virtual, self-paced WebAdMIT basic training course (takes approximately 1 hour), to learn about the basic features of WebAdMIT.
- STEP 8: Review the SocialWorkCAS Configuration manual and complete the virtual, self-paced WebAdMIT Configuration Portal training course to learn how to configure your application. Access is granted to the configuration portal once the self-paced training is completed.
If you would like to learn more about enrolling in SocialWorkCAS, please let us know here.
The following master’s-level social work programs are participating in the 2017-2018 SocialWorkCAS cycle:
- Long Island University – Brooklyn
- Long Island University – Post
- Yeshiva University – Wurzweiler School of Social Work
A full list of social work programs, including SocialWorkCAS participants and nonparticipants, can be found in the CSWE Directory of Accredited Programs.