SocialWorkCAS allows applicants to use a single online application and one set of materials to apply to multiple social work programs. A full list of social work programs, including SocialWorkCAS participants and nonparticipants, can be found in the CSWE Directory of Accredited Programs.
With SocialWorkCAS, students:
- Save time and money—Submit transcripts, letters of reference, and supporting application materials once to apply to multiple schools
- Track application status—Monitor receipt of application materials 24/7 on a desktop or mobile device
- Get support quickly—The dedicated support team is ready to assist you in navigating the application
Questions about your application or application status?
General Application Questions
- When is the application deadline?
- Can I apply to more programs after I’ve submitted the application?
- I haven’t heard back from my references. What should I do?
- I’m ready to submit, but I don’t know if you received my transcripts. Should I wait?
- Why do I have to also manually enter my coursework?
- Whoops! I forgot to request that the Transcript Request Form be mailed along with my official transcript. Will you accept a transcript without it?
- There’s something weird going on — The address for transcripts is not the same as my school of interest’s address. Am I really supposed to send my transcript to Massachusetts?
- Oh no! I chose the wrong program. Can I change it?
When is the application deadline?
Programs have individual deadlines that can be found in the Add Program section of the SocialWorkCAS application or listed on each program’s website.
Can I apply to more programs after I’ve submitted the application?
Yes. Applicants can log into their application and designate more programs throughout the entire application cycle.
I haven’t heard back from my references. What should I do?
We suggest re-sending the reference email to your recommenders. You can edit a Requested or Accepted Reference under Supporting Information. Once you navigate to that section, click on the blue pencil button. Within that page, you’ll see a re-send button that you can click to resend a request.
I’m ready to submit, but I don’t know if you received my transcripts. Should I wait?
No need — go ahead and submit! As long as you’ve sent the official request for transcripts to your school’s registrar office (or schools’ registrar offices, if you’ve attended multiple schools), then you’re all set when it comes to transcripts. You can submit your application even before we receive them. I’m sending my transcript to SocialWorkCAS.
Why do I have to also manually enter my coursework?
In addition to requesting official transcripts, SocialWorkCAS requires you to enter all completed coursework to help us ensure your GPA calculations are accurate. It’ll save you time in the long run because admissions staff are guaranteed correct application information.
Whoops! I forgot to request that the Transcript Request Form be mailed along with my official transcript. Will you accept a transcript without it?
Including a Transcript Request Form with your transcript will help us to process the document faster since we won’t have to search for your additional information in our database, but it’s fine if you forgot to include it. We’ll still accept your transcript as long as it’s an official version mailed directly to SocialWorkCAS from your school(s).
There’s something weird going on — The address for transcripts is not the same as my school of interest’s address. Am I really supposed to send my transcript to Massachusetts?
You read that right! Your transcripts will be processed by Liaison International in Watertown, Massachusetts rather than by our office so be sure to request that they’re sent to the address provided rather than to our school’s address. Here it is again, in case it’s helpful:
SocialWorkCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9212
Watertown, MA 02471
Oh no! I chose the wrong program. Can I change it?
You can. You’ll need to have at least one program selected at all times in SocialWorkCAS so go ahead and add your new program. Once you do, you’ll be able to deselect the incorrect one.
Download the entire FAQ below.
Did we miss your question?
Check out the SocialWorkCAS Applicant Help Center. If you’re still not finding what you seek, you can reach SocialWorkCAS representatives Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET by phone: (857) 304-2016 or e-mail: SocialworkCAS@liaisoncas.com.